Autumn is not just one of my favorite times of year, it’s my only favorite time of year. There’s something so calming about the leaves changing color, the chill in the air and the promise of cozy evenings inside with cups of hot cocoa and pumpkin spice candles. Bomber jackets, sweaters and socks are slowly making a comeback into my wardrobe and I couldn’t be happier about it. This season calls for some of my favorite activities, which involve binge watching my current favorite Netflix show (Bates Motel), indulging in comfort food like grilled cheese and tomato soup and going on long walks for fresh air. I also find that there’s a spike in my productivity during the fall. It’s likely a combination of the fact that there’s three more months left in 2016 to achieve goals and also because cracking down on work is a lot easier when you don’t have the option of spending the day by the pool or beach. Ya know…
October kicks off the holiday season, which really is the most magical time of the year for obvious reasons! From Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas, we all have amazing memories to make and good times with friends and family to look forward to. But before we begin our holiday trifecta, let’s make the most of this month because it’s such a fun one to participate in all the fall activities you possibly can. I have a few really exciting weekends planned including a wedding and a trip to a haunted house in Pennsylvania in late October. I’ve rounded up ten weekend activity ideas you can put into your calendar now because this month will fly by and you’ll be disappointed when November rolls around!
- Go pumpkin or apple picking
- Rent a cabin by the mountains or a lake to getaway for a weekend
- Visit a haunted house or go for a hayride
- Tailgate at a football game
- Bake your favorite kind of pie (pumpkin for me!)
- Drink hot cider and eat apple cider doughnuts
- Spend a relaxing night in carving pumpkins (YouTube will help with ideas)
- Enjoy a pumpkin ale with cinnamon sugar on the rim at your local bar
- Watch your favorite horror movie on or before Halloween
- Make s’mores by the campfire
Hope you’re all having a great weekend and planning some fun activities this month!